The GAP

The baseboard that we used to start the our project was a curve test module. After it was built and used to test various radius curves , it was stored above our model train area. Unfortunately, I managed to damage the foam at the end of the module getting it back down. This was because I did not build the module with a protective piece at that end like the other end. Let’s call it lesson learned. At first I did not think it would be much of an issue until I placed the end piece of our module 2 next to the “Slow Trains Down South” module.

A look down the end of module one. The 3/4 inch plywood should have been carried to the top of the foam

A look down the end of module one. The 3/4 inch plywood should have been carried to the top of the foam

The next module's endplate and the gap in the connection

The next module’s endplate and the gap in the connection

The GAP

The GAP, a closeup

As you can see in the pictures, the junction looked terrible and a fix was very much in the need. So to correct this problem, I took a scrap piece of Luan plywood and cut it to fit the end. Of course, the road bed needed to be fixed, and then more ties relaid. Finally, we are ready to distress the ties and Maggie can paint them.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in On30, Slow Train Down South. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s